You can't be successful if...
- You don't get up at 4.30am and have a cold shower or cold plunge to effectively start your day
- You don't journal for 15 minutes every morning while chanting a mantra
- You don't have a vision board on your bedroom wall
- You don't feel happy all the time
Blah, blah, blah, blah.
Let's cut through this online crap.
There is a whole industry out there on social media that is profiting by selling half-truths and fix quick methods like this. In many ways, they are contributing to the decline in self-worth, particularly for young people who don't yet have the emotional maturity or critical thinking skills to see through it.
What can we do to help young people contribute to their own success and mental well-being, and build a more sustainable foundation for success? For me it is about:
- Being responsible for our own actions.
- Being loyal to ourselves and those around us.
- Meaningfully contributing to others happiness and success
- Being part of an engaged community.
- Committing to consistent positive behaviors.
For me this is a much better place to start but maybe not quite as sexy on social media??.
Keen on people's thoughts?